Moo-ve on over classic climbing holds - the barn door was left open and the farm animals are out! This set of 5 Farm Animal Climbing Holds adds country living character to your climbing wall. Use them in conjunction with other climbing holds to create a specialized climbing wall for your climbing kid.
These bolt-on holds are designed to be attached to 3/4" plywood or thicker material with stainless steel bolts and zinc t-nuts. Choose optionally to include stainless bolts and t-nuts so you have everything you need when your holds arrive! For the screw-on holds, see our Farm Animal Climbing Holds - Screw On (Set of 15).
All Atomik climbing holds are made in the USA, and include a Lifetime Warranty.
Rock Hold Set Features
- Set of 5 bolt-on holds
- Select from Standard or Premium Colors (colors may vary from pictures)
- Great for children's climbing walls
- Bolt-on style holds can be easily rearranged or rotated
- Choose to order with or without stainless steel hardware (details below)
- Lifetime Warranty on climbing holds
- Made in the USA
Farm Animal Rock Hold Shapes
- Chicken - there is a crimp on its comb and the back cape is a pinchy cobble
- Horse - the body and head is a climbing jug
- Cow - the body and head is a climbing jug
- Pig - the body and head is a climbing sloper
This bolt-on set can be purchased with or without hardware. The t-nut hardware makes the placement of holds very easy. If you don't like where you initially install a hold, you can move it over to a nearby t-nut. It's a small investment for greater versatility.
- Requires 3/8-16 Allan head bolts (regular lag bolts will not fit)
- Choose to order with or without stainless Allan head bolts and set of t-nuts
- Installing extra t-nuts allows for easy re-arrangement of holds!
- Hardware set includes L-wrench for tightening bolts
- Select wall thickness (determines bolt length included)
Screw-on vs. Bolt-on Holds
Screw-on holds attach with either wood screws or concrete Tapcon screws. All you need is 3/4" thick plywood or a thicker material. Bolt-on holds attach with one 3/8-16 Allan head bolt into a 3/8-16 t-nut. The bolt passes through the hold into the panel and then into the t-nut which has been installed in to the back of the panel. The bolt-on system is nice because you can easily move or rotate holds quickly. The t-nuts stay in place in back of the wall.
Screw-on holds attach using drywall, decks screws or concrete Tapcon screws. Atomik Climbing Holds use #6 zinc plated 1-5/8" screws for the majority of the product line. This system is nice because you are not limited to where you can put a hold. You can also attach screw-on holds to concrete walls using Tapcon screws (this will require a hammer drill to drill holes for concrete screws).
If installing against drywall or concrete, be sure to "fur" the plywood away from the wall so that the bolts from the holds don’t bottom out against the material. See How to Build a Wall for complete instructions.