Atomik Climbing Holds brings top quality rock climbing holds to the backyard playset! This collection of 24 holds feel just like clean sandstone and are designed to meet the needs of preschoolers and up — easy for them to hold on to yet versatile enough to challenge them as they grow. Includes 10 of the Atomik Divot "Jug" style holds, which offer grips designed for little hands to fit and to give young climbers the confidence they need to ascend. This set helps build an encouraging climbing environment for kids while holding their attention as long as possible.
These bolt-on holds securely attach to plywood, 1" or 1.5" boards, and with t-nuts allow for easy rotating and rearrangement! 24 holds is a great amount for a 4x8 wall. If you're building a larger wall, add a second set! Choose optionally to include stainless bolts and t-nuts so you have everything you need with your holds arrive!
All Atomik climbing holds are made in the USA, and include a Lifetime Warranty.
Rock Hold Set Features
- Set of 24 bolt-on holds
- Select from Mixed Bright Tones or Mixed Earth Tones (colors may vary from pictures)
- Great for preschoolers and up
- Includes 10 of the Atomik Divot "Jug" style holds
- Enough holds for a 4x8 wall
- Bolt-on style holds can be easily rearranged or rotated
- Grade 8 washers embedded into holds
- Hardware options available (see details below)
- Lifetime Warranty on climbing holds
- Made in the USA
- Texture feels like clean sandstone
- Select from Standard or Premium Colors (colors may vary from pictures)
This bolt-on set can be purchased with or without hardware. We encourage you get the 72 t-nut option. It may sound like a lot of t-nuts on a wall, but it makes the placement of holds very easy. If you don't like where you initially install a hold, you can move it over to a nearby t-nut. It's a small investment for greater versatility.
- Requires 3/8-16 Allan head bolts (regular lag bolts will not fit)
- Choose to order with or without stainless Allan head bolts and set of 72 t-nuts
- Installing extra t-nuts allows for easy re-arrangement of holds!
- Hardware set includes L-wrench for tightening bolts
- Select wall thickness (determines bolt length included)
Screw-on vs. Bolt-on Holds
Screw-on holds attach with either wood screws or concrete Tapcon screws. All you need is 3/4" thick plywood or a thicker material. Bolt-on holds attach with one 3/8-16 Allan head bolt into a 3/8-16 t-nut. The bolt passes through the hold into the panel and then into the t-nut which has been installed in to the back of the panel. The bolt-on system is nice because you can easily move or rotate holds quickly. The t-nuts stay in place in back of the wall.
Screw-on holds attach using drywall, decks screws or concrete Tapcon screws. Atomik Climbing Holds use #6 zinc plated 1-5/8" screws for the majority of the product line. This system is nice because you are not limited to where you can put a hold. You can also attach screw-on holds to concrete walls using Tapcon screws (this will require a hammer drill to drill holes for concrete screws).
See the picture gallery for an example of where to place the holds. If installing against drywall or concrete, be sure to "fur" the plywood away from the wall so that the bolts from the holds don’t bottom out against the material.
See How to Build a Wall for complete instructions.