Atomik Climbing Holds brings top quality rock climbing holds to the backyard playset! This collection of 15 holds feel just like clean sandstone and are awesome if you are thinking of building a kids climbing wall. They are perfect for playgrounds. All of these holds are incut and cater to a child's hand size. If you are looking for a set of holds that includes "jug" style holds, see our Atomik Climbing Holds - Bolt Ons (Set of 24).
These bolt-on holds securely attach to plywood, 1" or 1.5" boards, and with t-nuts allow for easy rotating and re-arrangement! 15 holds is a great amount for a smaller 4x6 wall, or a larger wall size for a bit more of a challenge with older kids. Choose optionally to include stainless bolts and t-nuts so you have everything you need when your holds arrive!
All Atomik climbing holds are made in the USA, and include a Lifetime Warranty.
Rock Hold Set Features
- Set of 15 bolt-on holds
- Select from Mixed Bright Tones or Mixed Earth Tones (colors may vary from pictures)
- Incut to cater to a child's hand size
- Enough holds for a 4x6 wall
- Bolt-on style holds can be easily re-arranged or rotated
- Grade 8 washers embedded into holds
- Hardware options available (see details below)
- Lifetime Warranty on climbing holds
- Made in the USA
- Texture feels like clean sandstone
- Select from Standard or Premium Colors (colors may vary from pictures)
- Requires 3/8-16 Allan head bolts (regular lag bolts will not fit)
- Choose to order with or without stainless Allan head bolts and set of 15 t-nuts
- Hardware set includes L-wrench for tightening bolts
- Select wall thickness (determines bolt length included)
Screw-on vs. Bolt-on Holds
Screw-on holds attach with either wood screws or concrete Tapcon screws. All you need is 3/4" thick plywood or a thicker material. Bolt-on holds attach with one 3/8-16 Allan head bolt into a 3/8-16 t-nut. The bolt passes through the hold into the panel and then into the t-nut which has been installed in to the back of the panel. The bolt-on system is nice because you can easily move or rotate holds quickly. The t-nuts stay in place in back of the wall.
Screw-on holds attach using drywall, decks screws or concrete Tapcon screws. Atomik Climbing Holds use #6 zinc plated 1 5/8 screws for the majority of the product line. This system is nice because you are not limited to where you can put a hold. You can also attach screw-on holds to concrete walls using Tapcon screws (this will require a hammer drill to drill holes for concrete screws).
If installing against drywall or concrete, be sure to "fur" the plywood away from the wall so that the bolts from the holds don’t bottom out against the material. See How to Build a Wall for complete instructions.