Build your own backyard swing set with our Free Standing Swing Beam Brackets! Perfect for the do-it-yourselfer, this unique a-frame bracket is exceptionally strong and makes it easy to put together your own swing set frame that your kids will love. Use one bracket to attach a swing beam to your playset, or use two brackets to create a free-standing swing set!
- Sold individually (order a quantity of 2 for creating a free-standing swing set)
- Legs are angled away from the swinging area for both safety and strength
- Designed for maximum 12 foot swing beam length
- Supports 4x4 legs and a 4x6 top swing beam
- Sturdy 12 gauge steel bracket
- Each bracket consists of two halves
- Powder-coated Tan
- Hardware for fastening to swing beam and legs is not included
- Proudly made in the USA
Bracket Angle & Leg Spread
Bracket angle is 60 degrees. The spread between the legs based on beam height is approximately:
- 7 ft tall - 8 ft leg spread - leg lumber length 8' *
- 8 ft tall - 9 ft leg spread - leg lumber length 10' *
- 10 ft tall - 11-1/2 ft leg spread - leg lumber length 12' *
- 12 ft tall - 14 ft leg spread - leg lumber length 14' *
* Provided lumber lengths are to the even foot and will require cutting to obtain the associated swing beam height.
Hardware Needed for Single Bracket (not included)
Below is the hardware needed for a single bracket. Double these quantities if building a free standing swing set with two brackets.
|3/8" X 4-1/2" Carriage Bolt||1|
|#14 X 2" Pan Head Screw||16|
|3/8" Lock Nut||1|